Fighting Obesity – an ayurvedic way
Definition of Obesity
Excess quantity of excess fat is Obesity.
Excess weight of muscles, bone, fat and water in the body (like weight lifters and athletes) is Overweight.
Over weighted persons are near increased health risks than normal persons. They are quite likely going to chronic diseases like heart diseases, type-2 diabetes, high blood pressure levels, stroke, and few varieties of cancers.
Is fat required to our body?
Certain volume of unwanted fat does the next function
1. Heat insulation.
2. Absorption of shock.
3. Storage of their time. Etc.
Ayurveda describes the functions of extra fat as
?Medaha sneha swedaudhrudatwam pushtim asthyancha?
This means in normal conditions the body fat keeps our bodies moisturized , causes sweating , gives energy to body (by storing energy) and nourishes bones. (By protecting them from shock)
Distribution of fat
Women have an overabundance of excess fat than men. In women usually the fat accumulates around hips giving them a pear shape. In men it accumulates around belly giving them an apple shape. The obesity related problems start when fat accumulates around waist.
In ayurveda the distribution of fat is referred to as follows.
Medastu sarvabhutaanamudarenvasthi thishtathi |
Ata evodare vriddhihi prayo medaswino bhavet ||
Fat gets deposited around belly in all of the living beings. It is also present in bone. Hence each time a person becomes obese his stomach bulges out.
And also the characters of your obese person are described as
“Medo mamsa ativriddhatvaachalasphigudarastanaha”
Which means the hips, belly and breasts of an obese person sag and sagged parts flap as that individual moves. An obese person will not be active.
Causes of Obesity
When someone consumes more calories than he burns then your excess calories get saved in the sort of fat causing obesity.
1. Genetic factors?Obesity tends to run in families. If parents are fat then this offspring also show a tendency to accumulate fat. Even the life style habits which are practiced in family also give rise to obesity.
2. Environment. ? A person?s diet regime as well as the amount of physical activities somebody has also contribute for excess deposition of fat. When a person eats food containing more calories and has a non-active work then a calories consumed will be more than calories burnt. The excess amount calories are stored as fat.
3. Psychological disturbances.- There is a propensity to over eat responding to negative emotions like boredom, sadness or anger. This brings about obesity.
4. Binge seating disorder for you.
5. Diseases and types of conditions like Hypothyroidism, Cushing’s syndrome, Depression, and certain neurological problems result in overeating which in turn contributes to accumulation of fat.
6. Medicines for example steroids and a few antidepressants could cause fat gain.
Causes of obesity based on Ayurveda
The factors behind obesity are very clearly explained in ayurveda. The following reasons that are mentioned in ayurveda boost the deposition of fat.
Madhuroannarasaha prayaha snehamedhovivardhati ||
According to ayurveda the reasons for obesity are defined as :
1. Avyayama : Not exerting physically
2. Divaswapna: Sleeping in afternoon.
3. Shleshmala Ahara Vihara : The diet and routines which increase Kapha
4. Madhura Annaha : Consuming sweetened foods .
Health risks because of Obesity
Obesity results in the following problems.
1. Type-2 diabetes
2. Heart disease.
3. High Blood pressure.
5. Few forms of Cancers
6. Gall stones
7. Liver diseases
8. Osteo arthritis.
11. Irregular menstruation in females.
According to Ayurveda the obese persons are quite likely going to the subsequent diseases.
2. Kidney related problems.
4. Low libido.
5. Low stamina.
6. Skin problems.
9. Filariasis . etc
Tips to relieve Obesity
1. Determine with the aid of your personal doctor how much weight must be reduced.
2. Set several temporary realistic goals .
3. Reward yourself each time you make progress (Not foods)
4. Even small weight loss have shown to be beneficial.
5. Make gradual alterations in diet plan.
6. You will miss weight whenever you use-up more calories than you take in. Hence eating less and being more active aid in slimming down.
7. Sound diet regime keep you away from excess weight.
8. Stay motivated to shed pounds.
9. Slow fat loss will be the safest and a lot effective. ( one to one and half pound per week).
10. Gradual fat loss, promote long-term lack of unwanted fat.
11. A one who is moderately active needs daily, 33 calories per kg of body mass to maintain his weight .
12. Reducing calories intake by 300 daily and enhancing the exercise to lose 200 calories each day leads to weight reduction of 400 Gms a week.
13. To satisfy basic nutritional needs follow a selection of foods every day. Choose from each one of the five recommended food groups milk, meat, fruit, vegetable and cereals. Balanced food plans encourage making wise choices about everyday food choices. This type of diet allows you remain at your proper weight forever.
14. Allow on an occasional treat.
15. Evaluate your eating pattern.
16. Try to cut down on foods loaded with fats and sugar.
17. Most successful weight ? loss plans stress on decrease in both calories and also the amount of fat eaten
1. Determine the sort of exercise that fits your lifetime style.
2. Regular aerobic fitness exercise like brisk walking, jogging or swimming, is a main factor in achieving permanent weight-loss and improving health
3. Health experts recommend exercising 30 minutes or even more on all, days of the week for maximum benefits. The exercises needs to be moderately vigorous to be most beneficial although not exhausting.
4. Incorporate few simple measures of burning calories effectively. Like- taking an after dinner walk, using stairs as an alternative to escalators or elevators, parking the auto farther away to have a longer walk etc.
5. Exercises also improve a feeling of well-being ,decreases stress and decreases appetite in most.
Ayurvedic tips to lessen Obesity
Numerous tips to relieve obesity happen to be mentioned in ayurveda. The following ayurvedic tips help you to lessen the obesity.
1. Very good exercises. Exercises like brisk walking, jogging, playing out door games etc help to cut back weight.
2. Physical and mental exertion. Exerting physically like doing house hold works, walking to distant places to take groceries, vegetables etc, walking long distances to get the little one back at school, approaching working place, climbing stairs etc are varieties of exercise. Exerting physically around you can assistance to use-up more calories. Mental exertion like worrying or involving in finding solutions to problems also restrict food consumption in certain high by reduces the intake of calories .
3. Having sex frequently is another good physical exercies.
4. Consumption of honey. This is advisable for non diabetic patients. Consuming 2 tea spoon of honey having a glass of herbal tea such as weight reducing herbs help a lot in weight-loss. Honey together with these herbs scrapes and dissolves the Kapha and medha (body fat).
5. Sleeping at a discount hours. Avoiding sleeping in afternoons help to improve the burning of calories. This avoids slowing of basal metabolism.
6. Avoiding the foodstuff and beverages which increase kapha and medha. The foods which increase kapha and medha are sweets, sweetened drinks , bulk of carbohydrates and oily food.
7. Consuming wheat products than rice products help to lessen obesity.
8. Using Green gram and horse gram assist in decrease in kapha and medha.